20 Fun Things You Didn’t Know About Stacy
As our 20th anniversary year comes to a close, we still have one more OMS team member to share their fun facts. Having just celebrated her 9 year anniversary with OMS, it’s Stacy’s turn to share her 20 Fun Facts about herself – including an awesome throwback photo! Check out her fun facts below:
- When I was 13 I had my own earring business for about a year. I made them in my bedroom and sold them to boutiques.
- I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve cooked a meal in my lifetime. My stove/oven is basically like a giant kitchen decoration.
- I’ve been bungee jumping once, went skydiving once and was in a glider plane once. Once was enough for all three.
- I’ve never had a cavity. Yet I adore all forms of sugar.
- I was very active in junior high/high school – cross country, basketball, tennis, dance team. Yet I am now a professional sloth.
- I don’t have a passport, yet I was in Mexico once for about 3 hours (back when you didn’t need a passport to cross the border). That was also the first time I’d been in a plane…at age 22.
- I was bored one night while babysitting back in high school, so I taught myself to juggle. But only 3 objects at a time.
- I was always creative and “thinking outside the box.” For one grade school book report, I created a “robot” out of Kleenex boxes and had the report scroll across the robot’s “embedded computer screen”. For another book report, I wrote it as a 10-page poem with alternating rhyming stanzas.
- My fingers are double jointed. Yet the rest of me is so NOT flexible…I can’t even touch my toes!
- I played the violin in 4th grade, but quit after one year because they would only teach us 3 songs.
- I can’t whistle or snap my fingers.
- Green is my favorite color. It’s merely a coincidence it’s in my last name ??
- Aliens is my favorite movie. Followed by The Usual Suspects.
- In college, I stopped one class short of Spanish being my minor. Alas, being a business interpreter was not in my future…
- When I was a little kid, one of my favorite songs was “Too Much, Too Little, Too Late” by Johnny Mathis and Deniece Williams. I blame my mother’s love of listening to WCLR 102 FM lite rock in the car.
- I’ve never hit my alarm’s snooze button in my life.
- I still used a VCR to record shows until a little over 4 years ago.
- I didn’t get my first car, first computer or first cell phone until after college. Before then it was all walking, pay phones and word processors! Yet, that first car was worth the wait…a cherry red 1992 Chevy Camaro T-top with a V8 engine.
- I watch horror movie marathons to relax and unwind after a stressful day.
- In 7th grade we had to read a biography and then give a book report in front of the class. I read Dolly Parton’s biography, and yep, you guessed it, dressed as her for the report. Blond wig. Big balloons under a pink fuzzy sweater. Funny thing is…I don’t think we were required to dress up.
Miss any OMS team member’s 20 Fun Facts? Catch up by taking a look back at our blog for some of the other Fun Fact blog posts. And be sure to also check out our OMS 20 year anniversary gallery in honor of being in business for 20 years!