Content, content everywhere! If you’re like us, the creation and sharing of content has become an all-consuming endeavor. And keeping up with the content deluge can make it tough to stay on top of important best practices…ones that can actually ensure the stuff we’re spending our time on really hits the mark! Below we’re sharing some new insights on the importance of authenticity, the buyer journey and social sharing – all things that can inform and improve your content strategy.
- When it comes to content, authenticity matters – here’s why. A good headline, an intriguing story, a distribution plan. These are the table stakes of creating a great piece of content. But what often gets overlooked is the importance – and power – of authenticity and credibility. There’s no room for “alternative facts” in quality content.
- The long and winding buyer journey. To have a meaningful content “conversation” with your customers, you have to understand who they are. Or, in marketing speak, develop buyer personas. Yet, that’s just one part of the content marketing equation. You also need to understand their buyer journey and map content to different parts of that journey. This resource is a good place to start.
- You wrote it, now it’s time to promote it. If a tree falls in the forest but no one hears it, did it really happen? The same goes for content: if you write a blog post but no one reads it, does it really exist? Boosting the odds of getting your content into the right hands is a lot easier with the right tools. Here’s a list of 19 content promotion tools. Spoiler alert: many of them are free!
- Forget what you’ve been told, social shares still matter. Sophisticated content marketing programs have yielded better performance metrics like return visitor rates, finish rates and engagement rates. This progress makes social shares seem like a thing of the past, and yet measuring content success on social media is still valuable – for different reasons than you might expect. The way content performs on social media is an indicator of its overall effectiveness, including its search performance.
Do you have any content best practices to share? How do you measure the impact of the content you create? Let us know in the comments or connect via Twitter @OutlookMktg, LinkedIn or Facebook – we’d love to hear from you!
You can also catch up on all of the latest key developments in B2B marketing and content on our blog. So stay tuned for our future posts.
Author: Andrea Davis, VP and Market & Customer Insight Practice Lead, Outlook Marketing Services
- 20 Movie Quotes for My 20 Years with Outlook August 14, 2017
- Dear Email Hoarder – You Don’t Have to Live This Way August 2, 2017
- Sales, I’m Not Sold: An Open Letter of Concern to My Sales Colleagues July 17, 2017
- Guest Blog: The New EU GDPR – B2B Marketers Need To Act Today Or Face Fines! July 14, 2017
- TMI: Marketing is All About the (Customer) Base July 12, 2017